Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Success - a curling wand I can actually use!



So, before I go into detail about this wand, there are a few things you need to know about my hair type; some phrases I've used to describe it are 'hellish', 'mop', and 'what is this nest on my head?'...so, yeah, if I was blow drying it out, that was a feat in and of itself.  Once I got over my hatred for blow drying it out the night before, I said, hey, maybe I can try and style this bad larry now....maybe...maaaaaybe.

I first tried the conical wand from conair....yeah, no. My hair was a kinked up mess in about an hour, I was mad, I needed a hair elastic, and up it went into a messy top knot - my go to when my hair pisses me off. Then, I tried your regular ole' faithful curling iron....again, no. It turned into this round bushy thing on my head...I think it may have scared small chidren.  After accepting the fact that those soft, perfect waves were just not happening for me, my brother's girlfriend provided me this wonder-wand for christmas! Merry christmas to my hair!

Bed Head TIGI Rock N' Roller Bubble Curling Wand




Say whaaaaat? I know what you're thinking, let's just get it out there, it looks dirty. We all know it, we all thought it, and we are all over it.  Now, on to why this thing is literally the bee's freakin' knees.

1. I would say my biggest issue, personally, with other wands was that I have so much hair that it was physically exhausting to curl my hair. Like, so much so that I could not lift my arms after.  With this wand, you aren't straining to keep your hair wrapped nicely around the wand, it falls perfectly in between or on the grooves and it heats your hair thoroughly and evenly providing a gorgeous curl. 

2. You can get a tight curl or a loose curl depending on how long you keep it wrapped on the wand, but I have continuously found that my curls stay all. Day. Long with NO hair spray! Excuse me - did you say no hairspray? Yup, that's right...a straight up MIRACLE. 

3. It heats up fast and cools down fast - time is money people!

4. It makes a good tool for beating your significant other out of the bathroom early in the morning, just kidding...not really.


Overall, I have just been loving this thing, I use it nearly every day, I get a million compliments on my hair, and I am seriously wow'd by it. I would highly recommend it! Until next time, peace & love - Kayla ☆

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks beautiful...lovely soft waves. I can see why you love this curler

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really soft hair that when you would wrap it around a curling wand it just falls out? I bet this wand would be great to just keep the hair on the curling wand and get that perfect curl. I have seen some other reviews and the actual curl that this gives is very unique as well and not so uniform which is great if you like those beachy curls.

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem I've had with other wands in the past - the curls just would NEVER stay or they were kinked in the wrong places! I'm what I'd like to call "hair styling challenged" and I love this thing haha!

      Delete