Monday, February 24, 2014

Lush lip products - review & swatch!



It has been SO. LONG! I miss you all! I need to find some consistency in my blogging life, and obviously I am still working on that - but good news, I'm back with a review! So, recently I went on a nice "date day" with my partner in crime (AKA boyfriend) and we went to an IMAX theater...which just so happens to be in a very large MALL (YAY SHOPPING!).  As I was walking through the mall I stopped right in front of lush and I could SMELL it...it just smelled so fresh like happiness and hugs.  I dragged him in (reluctantly) and I ended up dropping a solid 20 bucks on a couple delightful lip products.


The first product that I grabbed right away was this lip scrub - I had read about it previously and when I smelled the bubblegum I was sold.  I am a lover off all things lip scrub-esque.  Basically, you apply the lip scrub, buff it over the lips, and then lick it off when you're done.  It tastes like sugary sweetness and just smells heavenly..I have been using so much of it because I just want to eat it! It retails for about $9.75 (which is fairly expensive for just a sugar scrub essentially) but you do get quite a bit in the container and the company, Lush, holds great principles which I really cherish in my cosmetic companies.


The second product that I was able to try out was "The Kiss" lip gloss - it has a mouse consistancy in the container, but it goes on so smooth - I wouldn't call it exactly a gloss, I would call it more of a cross between a gloss and a balm - a glam?  I think I'll need to coin that term for a lip product haha. It is a very pretty pink color and has almost a candy scent - this one doesn't taste quite as good as the scrub when you but it's pretty good for a "glam".  It is a very pretty pink and it's soft enough to go with really any look.  It retails for about $9.50 as well.  

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm such a fan of lip scrubs...in fact scrubs period! This one sounds delightful, I love sweet and delicious beauty products. Lovely review!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the same Lush lip scrub and it is delicious! May sound weird, but I brush it into my lips with my toothbrush and it gets rid of all the dry skin so well! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award :)
    http://danialexandra24.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm <3 You just cant beat the LUSH Lip scrubs!
    Lovely post! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaahhh i love lush <3
    like your blog,
    ina xoxo

    ReplyDelete