Monday, January 27, 2014

My 4-step skin care routine!




Well, it's Monday....again. What better to read about this Monday then how I get my skin feeling squeaky clean and refreshed each evening? I'm bringing you my daily four-step skin care routine that I do every night to remove my make-up and prevent breakouts.

*disclaimer: everyone's skin has different levels of sensitivity to skin care products, my skin is extremely acne prone but is very dry in the winter.  This routine could easily be tailored to your skin type, but I cannot guarantee that everyone will respond to these products the same way (obviously)! It may be a good foundation for a skin-care routine for most people:


I always start my routine by taking off the bulk of my make-up with a make-up remover wipe (like these here) & taking off my eye make-up with eye make-up remover (simple is by far my favorite brand for sensitive skin!)


I then quickly exfoliate my skin to remove any left over make-up and prevent dry skin.  I usually pair my clarisonic with some "simple" foaming cleanser.  I find the simple line to be the only cleanser that is not overly drying while still preventing severe breakouts for me. I have rosacea and acne both of which have been well controlled since I started using this cleanser / brush system! If the hefty price of the clarisonic is not in the budget right now, then I could also recommend the olay cleansing brush system which also works well! 


After exfoliating I quickly swipe the olay oil minimizing toner over my entire face (found here); it evens my skin tone well and my pores have seemed quite a bit smaller since I started using this product


I finish up my routine with the simple light moisturizer (spf 15!) and my RoC retinol correxion eye cream (which has been working WONDERS after only 2 weeks of use! I will do a follow-up to this further in the future!) Moisturizers & eye creams are SO important even if you are young and don't have visible wrinkles yet...if you develop a good routine at a young age then you can keep your skin looking ageless for as long as possible (and my mother is living proof!) 


Taking off your make-up in the evening is so important for revealing healthy, evenly toned skin with a clear complexion...what better palette do we have for our make-up besides healthy luminous skin? Hope you all have a wonderful week!


What are your staple skincare products?

xo Kay

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kay. I enjoyed this post! I also really like Simple products for cleansing. I use their Cleansing Cloths, Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover and Toner and Mask. I love that they don't irritate my sensitive eyes.

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this was interesting to read :-) I just wrote a piece on my current skin care routine as well. I tried to really tone it down and use very little products. Your skin care routine looks great though, and it's obviously working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just nominated you for the liebster award! Check it out on my blog http://mina-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete