Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beauty haul / shopping day: part 1 of 2

Good evening lovelies! Today was a balmy 30 degrees up here in the northeast, but I ventured out anyway to enjoy a "beauty day" and visit my mom in Providence, RI! We truly love our "girls days" and meeting up for lunch; I was up bright and early with anticipation (and getting pretty to head over there!) I moved out on my own in recent months, and I sometimes miss having access to just go into Providence and shop, go out to eat, and enjoy the nightlife.  I do really hope to go back soon for a night out on the town - and if any of you are ever up in Providence area and need recommendations let me know!


A nice cup of (chai - the love of my life) tea and delicious sandwiches (chicken pesto..umm, YUM) at an awesome little shop called Gourmet Heaven to kick off the day was perfect.  This place has the odds and ends of the world in terms of cooking and drinking, so stopping by here every once in a while can really inspire you to whip up something delish when you get home. Over lunch, we decided that like any good ole' fashion shopping trip, a plan need to be devised.  It just so happened that on our walk over to Gourmet Heaven we passed by some adorable boutique shops (and I am ALL about supporting our small businesses!) so naturally I was dying to step inside and explore.  On the list for the second part of the day: ULTA! 


Modern Love & Queen of Hearts

Their website: http://queenofheartsri.com/
Their blog: http://queenofheartsprovidence.com/

I fell in love today...again.  I think they might be considering this a problem at some point, but until then, I'm just going to roll with it.  I walked into these lovely stores and was literally wow'd by everything I saw.  Totally unique, totally on trend, totally AMAZING. The jewelry - I wanted it all; if ulta wasn't in the near future, I probably would have bought it all, too.  I was good though, and instead picked up an ADORABLE dress for 50% off the discounted price.  WHAT? yup, I paid 15 bucks for a 70 dollar dress.  It rocks, it rolls, I'm loving it, I will model it all for you someday, for now, just enjoy this picture of it.  Then I continued....onto the fragrances.  My nose loves to smell things, it just can't stop sometimes, I smelled every single perfume and settled on my FAVORITE thing in the WORLD that I have every single day, the chai tea scent.  


Oh. My. Word. This smells like the cafe that I want to live in for the rest of my life.  I am in LOVE, I've already put it on (maybe or maybe not numerous times) because I just want to keep smelling it!  They had various other scents, fruity, flower, simple, pretty much whatever type of person you are, they had a scent to fit you AND they are made with the natural extracts...does it get any better? Nope, I'm going to say it doesn't...until you get to Ulta...because, it's Ulta.

Ultimately, if you're anything like me and you just HAVE to have that unique thing that nobody else has, then you should check out this shop online! They are having a semi-annual sale through tomorrow (1/17) and all their sale items online are another 50% off! Peace & love - Kayla

2 comments:

  1. I love unusual scents also, I probably would have chosen the chai scent over the others as well.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keisha after reading so many of your blog posts (loving all the diy balm stain!) I could tell right away that we have the same taste in finding all natural things to use in our beauty routine, I love it!

      Delete