Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My "5 minute face" Routine!


Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great week! Today I am bringing you my quick 5 minute face - a go-to for me on a daily basis just to get myself out the door without scarring the eyes of the public.  A few things you should know about my skin ahead of time are: I am super acne-prone, super dry in the winter, I have redness, I have blotchy patches; I have terrible skin.  

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I will start by saying that I think it is important for everyone to start with a clean, exfoliated,well moisturized palate when applying make-up.  I also love primer, so if you have the option of slapping that on, do so. Then I hop right into my regimen:


Step 1 - Foundation:

  • Pur minerals 4-in-1 pressed mineral make-up in light-tan
  • blending brush
    • using these two products I lightly blend the foundation over my entire face, being sure to blend well under my chin and into my hair and neckline.  It may appear darker in the photo above, but I think it is just the lighting.  I focus more on areas of discoloration to get better coverage. This foundation has been fabulous for my acne-prone skin and has great all day wear.

Step 2 - Conceal / Highlight:


  • Hard candy lite bright whipped brightening concealer in 505 light
    • for this step I use the brush applicator on the concealer to apply it in a triangle under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, a dab on my cupid's bow and chin area as well as a touch on my forehead.  This concealer has been great for dark under eyes and for contouring my entire face.

Step 3 - Contour/ bronze/ blush:


 

  • Revlon photoready bronzer palate in bronzed & chic
  • BareMinerals blush in french kiss
  • large kabuki brush
  • small tapered brush
    • During this step I first swirl my kabuki brush in the entire palate and just bronze my cheeks and forehead lightly.  Then using my small tapered brush I dip into the darkest shade of the bronzing palate and contour just below my cheek bones.  I think apply the blush using an small tapered brush to the apples of my cheeks

Step 4 - Brows:

  • Milani brow tint pen in natural taupe
  • Covergirl natural lash clear mascara
    • I first line my brows the with brow pen, then blend it slightly with a brush or my fingers.  I follow that up with the clear mascara (using it as a brow gel).  Brows are essential ladies!

Step 5 - Eyes/lips:

  • Elf 18 piece eyeshadow palate
  • Revlon colorstay liquid eye pen in blackened brown
  • eyeshadow angle brush and fluffy brush
  • Tarte gifted mascara
  • Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in crush
    • In general I just go for a very basic neutral palate on my eyes.  I use three colors - a medium brown shade for the lid, a darker shade for the outter corner / crease, and a light shade for the inner corner & under brow highlight.  I then quickly line my eyes with the liquid liner and wing the edge, finishing up with the tarte gifted mascara. 
    • On my lips I quickly apply some clear balm and follow up with the just bitten kissable balm stain - I love the way these feel on the lips and the tint really does have good staying power!


Ta-da! It may not be the most glamorous look, but it's fast and it's easy; once you hit your stride with doing it daily it becomes second nature and you can be out the door in minutes! I hope you found this tutorial helpful, and if you have any questions please leave them in the comments below! Thanks! Peace & love - Kayla


4 comments:

  1. A fabulous look...and all in 5 mins! I really need to try that lip shade, it looks gorgeous on you.

    Keisha xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Short and sweet - for those busy days when we are on the go! I will tell you, I am in LOVE with those revlon balm stains...I have them in almost every color!

      Delete
  2. That's a great look and only in 5 minutes too! and I love the Revlon lipstain, I don't own any of them yet! ;)

    Paula at Beauty Lover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it really is a fast and furious type routine, but it gets results haha! I think if I could only wear one make-up item daily, that would be the lips stains - they are so wearable and the stain stays so well throughout the day!

      Delete