Sunday, January 19, 2014

Want soft, gorgeous curls? Find out how here!


It's Sunday Fun-day, ladies - and it is time for a haaaair tutoriaaaal (spoken in the most annoying, dippy voice you can imagine).  This is my go to look - my daily special; it's simple, it's fast, and it's everything I could ever ask my hair to do for me (which isn't much, because it's unbearable).  To begin I usually have washed & blow-dried my hair out the night before - it doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be dry and blown out as straight as you can manage, you won't notice the little things once it's curled and pinned). I also use a heat protecting spray (suave - simplest one I could find).  

1. Placing the wand BEHIND (this is key for getting the curl to go away from your face).










2. Wrap hair around the wand and hold for approximately 10-30 second depending on your hair type - for fine hair, use a lower heat setting and hold for less time, vice versa for thick hair. As you can see in this photo I am curling the front most piece first.








3. Pin it!  I usually curl the front most piece on each side first, then I go back and pin it.  The easiest way to make it stay sit pull it back slightly overlapping the pieces, insert the bobby pin over it, and insert a second bobby pin overlapping the first bobby pin that you put in.  This ensures the bobby pins won't slip out throughout the day. You can do two sets of bobby pins (4 bobby pins total) if you are feeling the need for extra security.


4. Curl the bottom half - for this step I split my hair in two parts (left side and right side down the back of my head).  Doing the same thing I showed you in step 1 (wand BEHIND the hair) I go through and curl it in that direction on each side.  This is slightly controversial, some people prefer to change the direction every other curl. I get way to confused and some would say "ain't nobody got time for that"...so that's just how it goes down.




For step 5 I just spray some lightweight hairspray in (I don't like crunchy hair, so I just use very minimal hairspray). Then, if you want to go for a more comfortable look, you can run your fingers through the curls and loosen them up a bit. A comb would work too.  Ta-da! you have an easy every day style that wears well all day long!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute Kayla! I just bought a wand curler. I already have a regular curler that I just wrap the hair around the barrell. I don't think my curls look that different tho. Mine doesn't have those balls on it tho. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! Truthfully I struggled with a regular curling iron - I think having the balls on it really helps me alot! If you're good with a regular curling iron then you definitely get the same look! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete