Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I am BACK with a review! Lip and Cheek chubby - Love it? Hate it? Check it out!

Hello ladies! It has been a whiiiiiiiiiile! In the midst of a hectic semester, I have been swamped under work, work, and more work...and it won't be letting up any time soon! However, I am determined to get some better time management so that I can keep bringing some lovely blog posts to you all! 


Now, second order of business -  I realize many people have nominated me for a leibster award, and I cannot even express in words how appreciative I am! I promise I have not been ignoring you! Your support is amazing, and I am so looking forward to answering all of the questions (eventually)...however, I want to bring to you today a long overdue review of something that I just picked up on a whim a few days ago at Walmart.



So who here has heard of Drew Barrymore's makeup line called Flower Beauty (flowerbeauty.com)...show of hands...anyone? No? Me either (or maybe you have, but you just weren't impressed - I won't spoil anything).  I was just perusing the makeup isle picking up everything that looked interesting and this "cheek and lip chubby" in the flower line stuck out to me - I LOVE  versatile product - the easier / more uses it has the more it's worth in my arsenal.  I picked it up for about $7.00 - which isn't super cheap but obviously not breaking the bank - however, I figured if it works well for me as a dual product then it would be worth it...well, no. Nope.



So, what do we see here - well, the cheeks are less than impressive in terms of pigmentation and the lips look very well pigmented....seems okay...NO.  

Here's the numero uno problem holding it back - this stuff feels HORRIBLE on the lips - gritty, flaky, yuck...just yuck. When I first swatched it I did notice that it has a much more powder consistency as a blush would, but it started to cake up and I noticed clumpiness and grittiness as I swatched it.

As for the cheeks, the pigmentation shows up well at first, however, within 30 minutes not a trace was to be seen. It could be an okay emergency product if you want to have one thing in your purse / clutch for a meeting or something - but it better be a short meeting, and hopefully you're not kissing anyone, because otherwise they might think you like to eat sand on a regular basis.  

Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again, I probably won't use it again (or maybe I will, just to exfoliate my lips), and I'm not feeling ultimately inspired to buy any other of my beloved Drew Barrymore's line.  

this should explain my overall feeling of this product.
Has anyone else every tried a flower beauty product? Love it? Hate it? Also...I am in the hunt for a lip and cheek chubby that doesn't make me want to apply chapstick every 5 seconds...so any recommendations would be highly appreciated! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honest review hun! I haven't seen this brand in any stores near me but maybe I am just over looking it?

    ReplyDelete