Wednesday, January 22, 2014

We love Shopping!



Well, I woke up this morning to quite a bit of snow, and with snow comes a day off! I am off to my last semester of college classes this week (yay!) and today was supposed to be the first day.  Instead, I tried out a new eyeshadow palette that I acquired from my mom (thanks mom!) - it is a wet & wild palette....and unfortunately that's all I can tell you.  No where on the packaging could I find the name of the palette or the shades (possibly removed by the previous owner, I can't prove it).  Anyway, I LOVE the palette, the colors are vibrant and pretty and I went out all day and came home and to NO creasing! I had heard good reviews previously on these palettes, but it went above and beyond my expectations! I also used my Tarte gifted mascara (a holy grail of my collection), my revlon liquid liner, and I have been trying out (and LOVING) the Rimmel scandal-eyes pencils...I will do a further review on that at a later date.

More importantly..I went SHOPPING! I love shopping almost as much as I love tea (though, not much can really beat tea, and I even got something tea related).  Anyway, I went to Marshall's (in case you don't know of marshalls it has discounted clothing similar to TJmaxx or Tkmaxx in Europe).  I have been dying to get some cozy sweaters, I have one that I really love (my old man sweater from a previous post!) but I really wanted a few more, hence, I went shopping:



Now, these photos don't really do the sweaters justice at all...but the one of the left is a sweater by a company called August Silk - nothing really too special but it was super comfy and it was only 15 dollars. The one on the right was from another no name brand but it is so amazing! It is almost the material of a sweatshirt, and I got it in grey, it has super long sleeves (which I need for my freakishly long arms) and it comes down in the back covering my bottom and drapes nicely in the front...SO comfortable and cute with leggings and boots.  

I also got a pair of Calvin Klein jeans that are A-MAY-ZING...photos to come in the future...maybe I will do some outfits of the day when my photographer (A.K.A my partner in crime boyfriend) is available.  I got some super long black knee socks, some footless tights with little polka-dots, some hangers (because when you have a shopping problem you run out of room)...and finally....A MUG! Always a necessity...



"Believe in yourself" - 
the perfect mantra to start my last semester.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! 


5 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks beautiful Kayla! I love the Burgundy/Purple shades. Those sweaters are cute and I def love a bargain! Thanks for sharing this post! I really enjoyed it since makeup and fashion are my obsessions lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya!! I'm usually a neutral eye shadow girl but the bold colors were great today!! I wasn't going to include my shopping spree but I figured someone would appreciate my love for sweaters!!

      Delete
  2. The eyeshadow palette is called Lust. The colors look very nice on you. I can't wait to see what you do with the Tarte one! Love Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee thanks momma! I will edit that in! I will be doing a tarte one soon!

      Delete
  3. I love your makeup, gorgeous! Bold shades look fantastic on you.

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete